About four years ago, my grandpa and I built some farmhouse shutters. You may remember them from this post.
I no longer have the window in my kitchen where these were used, and I don’t have anywhere else I’d like to use them. You know lumber is crazy expensive now and I’ve been itching for some raised beds.
I started by removing the hinges and hardware from the shutters. I left the basic shutter shape though.
I then simply joined the sides with wood screws.
And then I added cardboard and chicken wire to the bottom.
Tomorrow I am putting potting soil and plants in it. I can’t wait to show you what I plant.
I am also recycling some other former projects to create more raised beds.