Last week, we shared our new polytunnel greenhouse. We have been working on it, since it is nearing the time we usually start our seeds for our garden.
This week, we have begun working on the inside. We just need to purchase a heater and install our irrigation system and we will be good to go.
The inside currently looks like this:
For the shelves, we purchased 5 5-tier Muscle Tech resin garage shelves. The fifth tier made them too tall so I reduced them to 4 tier and was able to make one more shelf out of them. This way, if these shelves don’t work for the greenhouse, I can repurpose them in our attic or garage. I wanted something with holes for drainage and ventilation that wasn’t expensive, wouldn’t rot or rust and could be used for something else if they didn’t work here.
We have also ordered a potting bench that hasn’t arrived yet.
We are looking at several different heaters and we are leaning toward this one:
And as for hydration:
I can’t wait to show you the finished product! Check back next week!
How a few hours on a Saturday can lead to hours of fun
We have an aging redwood playset that my kids have had since my nine year old was two and a half. It’s been a lot of fun, but it is badly aged, and both kids are too big for it. I didn’t want to spend a ton of money on a new swingset, since both kids will likely age out of it in the not-too-distant future. But with Covid still on the rise, and the parks being too risky, we decided to DIY a simple yet sturdy swingset they would enjoy.
First, we bought four treated lumber 4X4x8 posts, a treated lumber 2x6x10 board and one treated lumber 4x6x10 post. We also bought metal swing set hardware from Amazon.
We started by inserting the 4X6 posts into the brackets to create both A-frames.
Hi, all! It’s been a minute. We have taken a few weeks off blogging and social media influencing to figure out our crazy new lives and schedules amongst the covid crisis. We have missed you all dearly but we are glad to be back online.
As you know, my husband wanted me to get rid of the scrap wood pile in the garage. I told him you can’t just get rid of perfectly good wood…you must build something cool with it.
Enter my grape arbor. We knew we wanted to plant grapes next year, but I didn’t want a traditional low grape arbor. I wanted a tall arbor!
First, I dug holes and sunk four 4×4 posts. I then attached the posts with two 1×6 boards on each side (front, back and sides).
I then cut shorter pieces, just a little longer than the width of the sides. I attached them parallel on each side.
Then, I cut pieces for the top and cut them slightly wider than the top of the arbor.
I kept adding slats until I had it finished.
And I cannot wait until we have actual grapes growing from this thing!! Stay tuned!!